Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Student Teachers Rock

There are so many young people going into the teaching profession. Some of them should really rethink their career choice, as they do not have what it takes to be a teacher. I have had several student teachers, and many have been disappointing to me, as they don't seem to have a work ethic. And then along came Jessica. She was assigned to my class last semester. Can I please tell you that she was a hard worker, who stayed many hours after school with me to learn as much as she could in the time she had. I was impressed by her willingness to learn, and her ability to pitch in and help without being directed. The students loved her. What a breath of fresh air. Yes, the new group of teachers coming into the field do have what it takes. At least I know Jessica does, and I know she will soon find a rewarding teaching position.

This post is part of the MAT@USC: Masters in Teaching Hope for the holidays event. Did you have an experience or witness something in 2009 which gave you hope for the future of American education? If so, please see this post for more information on how to share it.

No comments:

Post a Comment